We Protect Your
Freedom And Your Future

Our Philadelphia criminal lawyers have over 25 years
of combined legal practice – handling some of the
toughest cases in the country.

get free consultation

SKA Law is a premier, Philadelphia criminal defense law firm, founded by professional criminal attorneys. We take on cases other law firms turn down, because we know how to fight – and when to negotiate. Our goal is to get you the best outcome possible. No fluff. No nonsense. Our focus is results.

Criminal Lawyers

Fewer Clients. Better Service And Results

SKA Law takes on fewer clients than other firms – it’s because we believe that taking on fewer clients means we can provide more service, and better results.

25 Years Of Legal Practice

Our firm has over 25 years of combined legal practice. Our Philadelphia criminal attorneys have been recognized by the top lawyer ranking services.

24/7 Customer Service

Our Philadelphia criminal attorneys are available 24/7- regardless of the holiday, or time of week. We are always available to help you.

Concierge Service

We take on fewer clients than other firms. Each client works 1:1 on with one of our senior attorneys.

Philadelphia Underage Drinking Attorney

Pennsylvania is implementing harsher laws in order to punish people who are caught drinking underage. If a person is caught drinking underage for the first time, then they can be ordered to pay a fine that ranges from $300 to $500. The fine for the second offense is $500 to $1,000. School authorities are also working hard to catch students who drink and are underage.

If you are under the age of 21 and are caught drinking, then you can possibly face a hefty consequence. That is why it is imperative that you contact an attorney. You may be able to avoid getting your license suspended. You may also be able to avoid costly fines.

Key Things That You Need to Know About Underage Drinking

In the state of Pennsylvania, it is illegal for you to do the following.

  • To buy or attempt to buy alcohol
  • To possess alcohol
  • To drink alcohol
  • To intentionally transport alcohol

Any type of beverage that has over 0.50 alcohol in it is considered an alcoholic beverage. Beer and wine are included in this. If you are convicted of underage drinking, then you may lose your license. You may also have to pay a fine. The police will tell your parents that you have been caught with alcohol. Additionally, you could possibly go to jail.

Can Anyone Else Face Consequences?

Minors are not the only ones who can get in trouble for underage drinking. If you are the guardian or parent, then you may be fined or arrested. It is illegal for you to do the following.

  • Buy alcohol for someone who is under the age of 21
  • Give alcohol to someone who is under the age of 21
  • Allow someone who is under the age of 21 to use your ID to buy alcohol
  • Sell alcohol to someone who is under the age of 21. Even if the person lies about their age, you can still be punished for this.

How An Underage Drinking Lawyer Can Help You

You need the help of an attorney if you are a minor who has been caught drinking. Your attorney will be able to help you in a number of ways. They will discredit evidence that the prosecutors will try to use against you. They will be there to assist you during every step of the way. Your lawyer will also tell which course of action is best for you to take.

There is a possibility that a minor can be tried as an adult. Your attorney will try to get your case transferred to a juvenile court. The consequences that one faces can depend on the charges. However, your attorney will help you build your case. They will also represent you in court.

Defenses That Can Be Used for Underage Drinking

You may think that it is best for you to plead guilty to all of the charges that you are facing. However, there are a variety of defenses that can be used. Your attorney will look for any weakness in the evidence that the prosecutor presents.

There are constitutional rights that you have. If any of those rights are violated, then your case can be tossed out of the court. Unlawful search and seizure is an example of a violation of rights.

Even if the evidence is not in your favor, the attorney will still be able to help you. Your attorney may be able to negotiate with the prosecutor. Even if you have to pay a fine or be put on probation, your underage drinking conviction may not be put on your record.

Request Free


Firearm Carried W/O License

Montgomery 12/2016



"I found Michael Kotik via the internet with the hope by someone to help my son in what we thought was something routine. Long story short after being mislead by the prior firm and received no results and my son sat for 18 months in prison because "no one knew what was going on" Michael was able to not only..."
~ Michelle Doria
"I had a pleasure of dealing with Mike on couple of occasions. He is an amazing attorney. He always came through and did what was promised. Also he went above and beyond to assist with any request. He is definitely a fighter and will do what is needed to come out with the best outcome"
~ Ella Shapiro

Get Your Free
Consultation Now


1518 Walnut Street st 808, Philadelphia, PA 19102


Get Directions


1518 Walnut Street st 808, Philadelphia, PA 19102


Get Directions


1518 Walnut Street st 808, Philadelphia, PA 19102


Get Directions


1518 Walnut Street st 808, Philadelphia, PA 19102


Get Directions