Chester County Possession of Steroids Lawyers
In the United States, being fit is a badge of honor. Many people go to great lengths to develop their athletic skills and build strong muscles.
As a result of this desire to obtain peak performance in fitness, over 6 million people in the United States use steroids. Whether purchased online or from a friend, the reality is steroids are banned substances.
Using steroids can have devastating effects on the body. The side effects of steroids include paranoia, impaired judgment, high blood pressure and liver problems. For that reason, steroids have been categorized as controlled substances in the United States.
If you’re caught buying or selling steroids, you can be fined or imprisoned. Here’s what you need to know about the penalties associated with buying and selling steroids.
1. Possession of steroids or exchanging steroids with a friend or acquaintance is against the law. Common types of illegal steroids include Anavar, Halotestin, Primobolan and Anadrol.
2. Regardless of the amount of steroids in your possession, you could face charges. Depending on the amount, the first offense could cost you at least $1,000 in fines and a maximum of a year in prison.
3. If you sell or intend to sell steroids, you could be charged with a felony offense. The consequences of a possession of steroids felony include a fine of $15,000 and a maximum of 5 years in prison.
4. If police or investigators have a reason to believe that you’re distributing steroids, they could obtain a search warrant of your property. This warrant would provide police with the authority to search your house or gym locker.
Steps to take after you’ve been arrested for possession of steroids
After you’ve been arrested for possession of steroids, you have the right to obtain a Chester County possession of steroids lawyer. Don’t waive this right and make statements to any person that can be held against you in a court of law.
Unless you have your Chester County possession of steroids attorney in your presence, you shouldn’t talk to law enforcement officers or prosecutors. You have every right to calmly refuse to engage in a discussion until you’ve obtained a lawyer.
Getting arrested for any crime is serious. This is especially true if you’ve been charged with a felony possession of steroids.
Regardless of the pending charges, you’ll need a Chester County possession of steroids lawyer by your side. An experienced lawyer can mean the difference between your freedom and serving jail time.
When it comes to steroids possession cases, justice moves swiftly. Contact our Chester County possession of steroids lawyers as soon as possible to ensure your rights.
How a Chester County possession of steroids lawyer can help
In the United States legal system, you’re innocent until proven guilty. Even after you’ve been charged with possession of steroids, you still have options.
When you hire a Chester County possession of steroids lawyer, your attorney will review your case to determine the extent of the charges. In addition, your lawyer will review the evidence and find ways to discredit it.
- If steroids were found in your vehicle, did the officer have probable cause to search your car?
- Do the prosecutors have definite proof that you intended to sell the steroids?
- Are the sources of the evidence against you credible?
It can be difficult to be charged with possession of steroids. With an experienced possession of steroids lawyer on your side, you can defend the charges and get the best outcome based on your case’s circumstances.